Congratulations! You’re getting married!
I know it’s tempting soon after you’ve gotten engaged to start thinking about how your two names look together on paper. Before you are ready to design your invitations, though, you will have to envision the event — everything from its overall style to its size to its season — in order to create the perfect wedding stationery wardrobe for you.
Your made-to-measure ensemble starts with a conversation. Ideally this happens in person but a phone or video call can work just as well. I will devote about an hour to discussing you and your wedding and I want to see all of the special details to make sure I understand your vision. Here are things that you need to know and do before we meet.
BEFORE THE CONSULTATION
- Get a clear picture in your mind of your dream wedding and of your personal taste and style
- Determine if your wedding will have a theme or a symbol that is significant.
- Decide if there is a color palette for your wedding.
- Determine the number of invitations you will need to send.
DURING THE CONSULTATION
- Have a general idea of your stationery budget.
- Understand the various invitation printing methods and choices in invitation stock.
- Decide what other cards and features to include with your invitation.
- Determine who will be issuing the wedding invitation.
- Decide how you would like the wedding envelopes to be addressed.
AFTER THE CONSULTATION
Approximately 1-2 weeks after we meet, I will provide you with a design proposal that includes a summary of our conversation, some design notes, a contract of services and the estimated cost. I am happy to set up an appointment to go through the proposal in person. Otherwise, it will be delivered to you via email.
To initiate the design of your made-to-measure wedding stationery, you must sign the contract and return it with a 50 percent non-refundable retainer.
Every ensemble includes an invitation and outer envelope, response card with envelope, full assembly, and coordinating thank you notes. Pricing for custom invitations starts at $2,500 for 100 sets.
A GENERAL TIMELINE
More time is always better when it comes to ordering your bespoke bridal stationery.
— SAVE THE DATE:
- Design should begin as soon as you have a firm date and at least 8 months before your wedding.
- Mail 6-8 months before your wedding date.
- Mail a year in advance if your wedding is near or on a major holiday or requires extended travel for your guests.
- Design should begin no later than 6 months before your wedding date.
- Mail 6-8 weeks before your wedding. Mail your invitations 10 or more weeks before if you have a large number of international addresses.
- We can begin the design for your Programs, Menus, Favor Tags, Thank You notes, etc. once we have finalized your invitation design.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Lots more detail is available in a helpful PDF with everything you need to know about working with à deux.